University Management, Inc. affirms it, its officers, its employees, and its affiliates are committed to keeping personal information provided by applicants, Residents, and guarantors private and as such agree to adhere to the following policies:
- We will take reasonable steps to retain information, stored both physically and electronically, in a secure manner to prevent access by unauthorized individuals.
- We will not share, sell, trade, rent or otherwise disclose personal information to unrelated third parties except as described below. In each case, we will require the unrelated third party observe the intent of this privacy statement. We will require the information be kept confidential and will prohibit use of the information for any purpose other than to carry out the service being provided to us. We reserve the right to disclose personal information in one or more of the following cases:
- Resident's name; Resident's current, future, and permanent addresses; Resident's telephone number; and/or Resident's email address may be provided to NTC Communications, L.L.C. (NTC) and/or its affiliates, an independent provider of ethernet, telephone, and cable television services to certain managed properties, to assist NTC and/or its affiliates in soliciting said services to Resident insofar as said services apply to Resident's tenancy.
- Certain information may be provided to credit agencies, courts, and/or collection bureaus in order to enforce the Lease Agreement including, but not limited to, collection of delinquent rent
- Certain information may be provided to current and/or potential creditors that hold a lien or seek to hold a lien on any leased premises as required by a mortgage or other loan document.
- Certain information may be provided to third parties seeking to serve as managing agent, to purchase any leased premises, or to acquire all or part of the entity in which any leased premises is held.
- Certain information may be provided to unrelated third parties in response to a court order, subpoena, or government investigation. Certain information may be provided to law enforcement agencies when we believe providing such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property, and well being of any individual from actions or threats of actions that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
- Certain information may be provided to our insurance carrier and/or any other party that may subrogate to our rights as part of an insurance claim filed by us.
- In the event a "Hunters Ridge Lease Contract Utility Addendum for 'Water/Wastewater Metering and Billing' " is made a part of any Lease Agreement (i.e. the leased premises is included in Hunters Ridge of Blacksburg), certain information will be provided to our water/wastewater metering and billing agent.
- Certain information may be provided to federal, state, and/or local government authorities as required by any applicable law that may be in force at any time before, during, or after the term of any Lease Agreement. Such laws shall include, but shall not be limited to, section 58.1-3103 of Virginia law.